Peace Outside

"Ruminations, Illuminations! Vocabulary, sing for me in your cage of time, restless on the bone's perch."

Thursday, March 10, 2005

What's the point?

There is nothing I can say that hasn’t already been written more eloquently, poetically, or distinctively than anything I can come up with. I don’t have a gift for startling wordplay or imagery that blows the mind. I feel like every word I type is more cliché, more trite than the word before: conservative, complacent. Dull. There is no luminescence, no scintillation. Every word, while maybe nice, is just that. There isn’t even any sort of new idea or premise that redeems my writing. You think perhaps I’m too hard on myself? Well, yeah. I am a bibliophile, after all.

Now, this isn’t a play for sympathy and it’s not false modesty – I’m not expecting you to come up saying “That’s so not true Avi, you’re awesome! Don’t be so hard on yourself!” PLEASE, whoever may read this (there are a precious few), don’t feel obligated to tell me something I don’t believe in. I will feel warm and fuzzy for a few minutes and then assume you are saying it to make me feel warm and fuzzy. So don’t bother.

I am also done as I have nothing more to say. If I ever did.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger Ralikat said…

    You poor, Poor little modernist! When will you realize that it does not matter? Avant-garde is dead - get used to it. Nothing is new, nothing is fresh, everything has been said and every word possible written. So screw being new and fresh. Do it because you want to it. Write because you want to...no, have to write. And if you are so completely dying to be fresh - try just doing what you do, it's fresh enough.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home