Peace Outside

"Ruminations, Illuminations! Vocabulary, sing for me in your cage of time, restless on the bone's perch."

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

ERF, Verona, and Suchlike...

So I just got back from an intense game of hearts following some intense games of ERF. This afternoon I lost (Curse You Widge!!) for the first time since last year at least. It was MY game. I always win. Except for last weekend but that was a fluke. I had only had three hours of sleep the night before and I refuse to count it. But I have established my goddess-dom of ERF once more and all is well (except for my perfect record being screwed).

Oh yeah, last weekend I finally got to have a taste of real world-traveling (well, I suppose England counts) when we (that is, Widge, Ande, RK, and I) went to Verona for a couple days!

Words cannot describe it. There were some tense moments and some grumpy ones especially after (not) sleeping in the train station the first night, but all-in all the experience was fabulous and certainly an eye-opener. Word to the wise: if you buy a bottle of wine and no one else follows through on drinking it, don’t try to finish the bottle yourself. (Actually, I didn’t really try to finish the bottle. I was trying to get tipsy, however, and I’m not really sure if it worked or not. I may have to try again later, eheheh)

Then of course there was being offered hashish the first night at the train station and later playing cards with the same guy (he knew the most awesome card tricks)… even though he was just checking us out to see if he could steal stuff it was still cool. And then there were the Italian policemen who apparently thought Widge was some sort of creep when he was watching us sleeping, which I thought was absolutely hilarious. Of course some time in there was when I lost at ERF but I swear it was because I was so sleep-deprived.

We wandered the town and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly despite the lack of sleep, ate good pastries and drank the most incredible coffee (I swear I can never go back now) and of course sampled the gelatos oh my gosh… *sigh of happiness*…

Right. It has all become something of a blur, but I recall seeing the coliseum, which was awesome, and a whole bunch of beautifully picturesque streets and buildings and so on. After we checked in to our nice little hotel room and slept for about five hours it was much better and I actually remember much more. We ate at a very nice, reasonably-priced restaurant in which I drank half the bottle of wine and consumed copious amounts of excellently-prepared gnocchi (oh the beauty of it all) and it was all bliss and joy and coconut gelato afterward. A lovely taste of Italy, I must say. And staying up again till about four or five just talking with Widge was pretty dang cool too. I was so sleep-deprived!

I’m going to shut up now because although the weekend was brilliant and unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before, talking about it is becoming tedious and it’s all pretty much been told already by Widge and RK in their blogs. So yes, I’m done now. Peace outside!

And I am still the goddess of ERF no matter what they say.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Ralikat said…

    Now for my real comment - it is Egyptian SLAP!

    Get it right! *wchpsh*

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Avi said…

    ERF is easier to type and also funnier because we all know what it stands for. So nyah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home